Hello Lovelies! Hope you are all well. Today I made a really tasty salad for lunch and am excited share it with you all!
Quinoa Veggie & Cilantro Lime Salad
½ a yellow pepper chopped
½ a tomato chopped
¼ of an onion chopped
½ cup cilantro chopped
1 cup of quinoa
½ a clove of garlic
salt- to taste
cumin- to taste
cayenne pepper- to taste
This recipes is super simple and quick.. the only thing that takes some time is the quinoa.
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil. Once it’s boiled add a cup of quinoa and let simmer for 15 minutes or until all the water is soaked.
- Chop up all of your veggies while that is cooking.
- Bled the fresh of juice of the lime with the garlic, cumin, cayenne and salt.
- Add dressing to the cooked quinoa and mix.. next, add veggies and you have yourself a meal!!
- Yellow Bell Peppers are full of antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals in the body, full of vitamin A, C & B6, which is needed for chemicals reactions that include brain and immune functions.
- Quinoa is a great source of protein and fiber.
- Tomatoes are full of lycopenes that are responsible for their color. Lycopenes are known for their antioxidant properties but research has also been shown it contributes to bone health.
- In human studies onions have been shown to increase bone density. They also provide anti-inflammatory benefits.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend! I will be in Palm Springs and am getting certified to teach teach PiYo as well!! 🙂