anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, beautiful, beauty, beautydetox, beautydetoxrecipes, Cooking, Delicious, Dinner, Eat, enjoy, fit, food, Fruits, fruitsandveggies, happiness, Happy, healthy, life, Love, meal, nutrition, tasty, vegan, veganlove, Vegetables, vegetarian, veggies
Good evening! Happy Monday night.. Is it just me or are you ready for fall? I don’t know where this summer went but I do know I am ready for it to cool down. I never thought i’d be happy for fall and for boots, jeans and scarves.. I guess there’s a first for everything. I will enjoy our weather because I know most places get much, much colder than it does here so I am very thankful for that.
Last night I made a simple stuffed bell pepper with quinoa and a few other ingredients I had left over in the fridge. It’s an easy recipe but you have to wait for the quinoa to cook if it’s not already cooked and also you have to wait for the pepper to bake in the oven but it’s all worth it once you take your first bite!
**Makes one pepper
½ cup quinoa (or brown rice)
1 Bell Pepper (any color of choice)
Fresh juice of half a lime
1 garlic clove
2 chopped basil leave
1 teaspoon tamari
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon thyme
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon tumeric
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients including quinoa, add tamari last. Stir together.
- Cut the top of the pepper off. Cut the top off and add to quinoa mixture.. scoop out seeds.
- Scoop the quinoa mixture into the pepper and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- You can top it with gluten free bread crumbs before you bake it for some- Just put a piece of bread in a bag and mash it up.
Hope you all and enjoy and have a lovely night!
P.s. I’m also working on getting a clickable tab so it’s easier to print out my recipes! Coming soon!